Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Why a blog?

Taking this baby for a test drive. I've always got tons (I mean TONS) of stuff to say, but actually typing it out and reading it over, I've got to admit, it's a bit daunting. A bit about me ---- hhhhmmm. Well, the title says quite a lot. When actually considering starting a blog, I figured I'd end up commenting on "the job" as it were. I was a fan of "SecondCityCoppers.net" before the webmaster took it down because of all the bulls*** he had to put up with, not the least of which was a lawsuit (bad move R - cops shouldn't sue cops.) So I guess, while I'm able, this blog will remain semi-nameless to spare me the crap that O had to put up with. So what do I want to accomplish with this blog?

* I know alot of people liked the "bathroom wall" type mentality that pervaded the SCCN message boards (the way people slow down at a traffic wreck.)
* I know a lot of bosses cruised the message boards looking for their names - whether to laugh (as many of us did) or cringe (as many of them did) when their escapades were brought to light, who knows?
* I know the boards provided a valuable clearinghouse for information that helped to bring down the previous union leadership.

Is this the second coming of the SCCN? I don't know, but I think blogging and related commentary could provide a bit of an outlet for people who miss the better aspects of SCCN. And I can turn off comments and filter the BS as I see fit. You don't like it, get your own blog. I'll even let you link it here. On with the show...

Labels:

0 Comments:

<< Home

Newer Posts..........................