Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Hey!!! Look at us!!

100 posts! We actually came up with enough material for 100 separate entries! Of course, some of them are open threads (just like this one!) that merely take up space and provide us a little breathing room to think of something new and entertaining. But we hope that some of it is at least minimally thought provoking.

Anyhow, thanks to everyone who has been participating. Tell your friends to stop on by and give us some more eyeballs. Make up your own posters for the districts and units. Spread the word!

Look for a BIG post tomorrow morning at some point. We've been drafting it for a few hours now and it'll take up multiple posts. We're going to post it in reverse order so it will read top to bottom since we haven't yet figured out all the bugs in this program yet. Comments will be open on post #1 so as not to have everything scattered to heck.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Mr. Moderator. I plan to ask my comrades at CPUSA at the next cell meeting to also post.

7/28/2005 05:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out today's Sun-Times. The Mayor says concerns about terrorists with that proposed world's tallest building here are not warranted. This from the phony that cited the same in the midnight run on Meigs Field.

You guys on the Southwest and Northwest sides got what you deserved!

7/28/2005 08:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELL, HE RAN UNOPPOSED. WHO THE F$%^ WERE WE SUPPOSED TO VOTE FOR? NONE OF THE ABOVE?

7/28/2005 09:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quote from Mary Mitchell's column regarding the reasons Rev. Meeks got out of his car and approached the Sgt. Pay attention to just exactly what he says:

Meeks tried to talk to a police officer because he didn't believe his driver deserved a ticket.

"I knew the policeman was stopping us because we were African Americans, and we had the audacity to go around the police car," Meeks told me. "The policeman was sitting at a stop sign, and you can't blow your horn. You can't flash your lights. I knew he was ticked off when we went around him. I got out of the car to simply identify myself so the dialogue could begin. I wasn't trying to talk myself out of a ticket. I didn't even know we had done anything that warranted a ticket. I simply wanted to start the dialogue as an elected official and a clergyman."

Sounds to me like "profiling" was Meeks' problem - "I knew . . . because . . . African-American. I got out . . . so the dialogue could begin.

Seems like he thinks being stopped by the police is a negotiation or at least a social situation. "LET THE DIALOGUE BEGIN. . .

7/30/2005 04:04:00 PM  

<< Home

Newer Posts.......................... ..........................Older Posts