- It won't do any good, I know...but I pray that the justices of the Supreme Court care more about people than about their personal politics.
Judges are supposed to apply the law equitably across the board, devoid of personal politics. While that doesn't seem to be the norm lately, it was the aim of the Founders, and most of the Justices seem to recognize that.
- I know the Constitution guarantees the right to bear arms, but still I pray the court will not wipe out the Chicago law that bans handguns.
That puts you in a distinct minority then Walter. A minority with a television bully pulpit, but a minority nonetheless.
- Please, Mr. Chief Justice and your esteemed colleagues, step down your marble stairway to walk the streets we walk, and find a '38 in your face. Maybe then you'll understand why the Chicago gun law is important to us.
Important to whom? In what way. Almost 60 people shot this weekend shows that Daley's gun laws are failures Walter. The gangsters are winning because law abiding folks can't protect themselves.
- Come to our neighborhoods, just once, and maybe you won't wipe out our law. You must not have heard of the 54 people shot in Chicago over the weekend...10 of them dead. Maybe you don't know of our children being murdered in drive-bys, even if you do know what a drive-by is.
Yeah, OK Walter. You're overheated rhetoric and attempt to align yourself with the commoners is laughable.
- Your honors from Harvard and Yale in your robes of grandeur, how can we help you understand that our lives and the lives of our children depend on getting guns off our streets.
Newsflash Walter - the guns are there already. Banning them is working as well as banning liquor did during prohibition or maybe you've been away from reality for so long you haven't been seeing the shooting and murder statistics for the past decades.
- Unless you have a better idea for trying to stop the killing, our gun law is all we have -- Constitution or no, somehow we must get you to understand that.
Until then your honors, any chance that we at least can get you to butt out?
Oh, we don't know, how about long jail terms, no second and third chances, maybe an State's Attorney who actually prosecutes felons who acquire guns? But we're supposed to disregard the entire foundation of our system of government because a lakefront liberal reporter thinks guns are the problem?
You know, we remember a time when Walter used to be a thorn in Daley's side over all sorts of nonsense and not a shameless ass-sniffer.
UPDATE: If Walter doesn't want to keep a gun in his house or not carry a gun if Concealed Carry ever arrives, that's HIS CHOICE. It is OUR CHOICE to remained armed and we are fortunate to be able to do so because of our profession.
It's amazing how liberals like Walter can find all sorts of justifications for "choice" when justifying all sorts of inanities that aren't mentioned in the Constitution, but when someone "chooses" to exercise a RIGHT spelled out in black and white, they're considered the radicals.
Labels: gun issues, media